Wednesday 26 February 2014

Feathers

This past week I've spent my down time casually cutting up this pile of pretty fabric.


I had originally planned on this being a scrap only quilt, but most of my scraps were just too small for the cuts required. So I dipped into my stash.


Fin helped! He's much faster than me.

So this has been my view most of the week. (baby sock will not be included in the quilt...)


These 10 stacks are the fruits of my labour. They are so pretty all lined up. I've been testing them next to the slate grey that will be filling in all the spaces between. I can't wait to start sewing! Colin has taken Fin to the museum today...so maayyybe!


These little mushrooms have to be my favourite fabric. Ever. It's just so cute! It's Mushrooms in aqua from the Little Red Riding Hood Line by Riley Blake. I bought it a while back, so most places i've checked recently are sold out. You can still find pretty much the entire here at Hawthorne Threads. They have an amazing selection of fabrics and the site is one of the easiest to navigate (compared to other online fabric stores)! I'm pretty sure i'll be buying more!


I'm usually not a fan of purple, but these shades have called out to me and are making me swoon!

 

Hopefully I'll have a few blocks to show you next week.


Before I go, here's a quick update on R2D2!


Since most of my spare time this week was spent on the feathers not too much got done (sorry Colin), but I did manage to finish all the applique pieces! I was even able to start the embroidery. I can already see how much that will make everything pop. Eeek!





Until next time!

Eryn

2 comments: